Senior Care Assistant- Locally owned Nursing Home- Carrickfergus-
Days * 42 hours
Hourly rate: £10.15p/h
Rutledge Healthcare is delighted to be representing a locally owned Nursing Home in the Carrickfergus area who has a need for a Senior Care Assistant for 42 hour week and paying £10.15p/h.
The Nursing Home’s care categories are dementia, learning disability, physical disability and mental health condition.
Family atmosphere plus a settled loyal team of staff and excellent rating from the RQIA.
Profile of Position:
As part of the caring team, the main aim is support the nurse in charge and to act as supervisor and a role model to other Care Assistants. The other main purpose is to help create and maintain a healthy and safe environment where the personal nursing needs of the Residents are met under the direction and supervision of the Nurse in Charge.
- Provision of Care in accordance with agreed Care Plans by liasing closely with the nursing staff, ensuring they are updated re the Care Plans and recording the care delivered accurately and in accordance with company procedure.
- Nutritional Intake
- Prevention of Pressure Sores
- Mouth Care as directed by the Nurse
- Management of Continence and Incontinence
- Repositioning Residents as directed by the Nurse in Charge in accordance with Manual Handling Requirements
- Assisting Residents with mobility
- NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) or working towards NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent)
- At least six months experience working in a similar environment
- Ability to use initiative and prioritise tasks
- Ability to accept responsibility
- Ability to tolerate stress
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Generous overtime rates
- Continuous support
- Professional training
If interested please forward your CV to Paul on: email@example.com or call the office on 02825 631800 for more information.
- Salary Offer £10.15p/h